Recipe by Chef Joyous
This bread makes great sandwich bread or toast and my kids have no idea that it isn't just "White Bread"! I usually make the dough in the bread machine and bake it in the oven. It is light enough to slice thinly, if you can wait to eat it and cut cool!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients in the order listed to your bread machine, use dough cycle.
- Reshape in loaf form in a loaf pan sprayed with olive oil spray.
- Let bread rise again, by covering with a damp cotten cloth in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 for 33 minutes.
- Remove from pan when hot and rub crust with a cold stick of butter.
- Bake in a greased pan at 375 degrees for 33 minutes.