1/1 Photo of White Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
Inspired by RSC#11 ingredients. Do you like Spinach Artichoke Dip? If you do, you're sure to enjoy this. If you cut up the veggies and shred the cheese ahead it will be quicker to throw together. You could also assemble it the night before and then bake it the next day. I'm sure this would be great with chicken, shrimp or ground beef but I wanted it to be a Vegetarian entry. Go ahead, try it and impress your family and friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced (baby bellas)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 shallots, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded (3/4 oz)
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 13 3/4 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sun-dried tomato, chopped kitchen shears work good (1.5oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- 2Roasted Veggies:.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Toss zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms with olive oil.
- 5Spread evenly onto a large baking sheet with 1/2" sides.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes. Drain liquid.
- 8While the veggies are roasting, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- 9Add garlic and italian seasoning and saute for 2 more minutes.
- 10Stir in flour.
- 11Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer, stirring often, over low heat for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can keep it simmering over very low heat while you finish other prep work.
- 13Stir together all filling ingredients except the mozzarella.
- 15Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce across the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- 16Layer one third of the noodles, half of the vegetables, 1 cup of mozzarella, and half of the filling.
- 17Repeat one third of noodles, half of veggies, 1 cup mozzarella and remaining filling.
- 18Top with last third of noodles, remaining sauce and last cup of mozzarella cheese.
- 19Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F.
- 20Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: