Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a gorgeous looking and tasting chicken dish. Also really simple and a great appetizer for your party. I made this for a lunch we hosted, and it was the simplest thing on the menu, and received the best reviews! Cooking time doesn't include marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into cubes, breasts preferable
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into slices
- Mix yogurt, pepper, salt, ginger and garlic pastes.
- Add chicken.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken pieces pulled OUT of the yogurt mixture, meaning, don't pour all the yogurt in, in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add green peppers and onions to chicken pieces.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes.
The first thing the boys asked "Is this another NZ recipe?" Then they tried it and loved the flavor/texture. This is a very moist chicken. I used tenderloins and just left them long. I didn't have garlic or ginger paste so did 1/4 tsp each of powder. I also cut the white pepper in half. It was the perfect flavor for our family. Made for the September 2008 NZ/Aussie recipe swap.
This was really tasty and easy to make. Will make again soon. However, I thought it looked really gross, so I probably wouldn't make it for company.