Recipe by Sheynath
Excellent for low-carb diets. No one believes the ingredients in this crust because it is not greasy, and you can pick it up in your hands and eat it like a dough crust.
Top Review by Chef susan from Sandpoint,Idaho
We loved this ! I have been low carbing for so long and have tried so many low carb pizza crusts all which were not good
I added tomatoes olives bell pepper mushrooms onions jalapenos pepperoni ,lots of olive oil garlic powder and Italian spices
I also ground chicken thighs Wonderful, finally I feel like I can eat Pizza
thank you so much for your recipe
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (from a can, not fresh grated)
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk (or to taste)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degress. Prepare a baking sheet or pizza pan. (I cover a small baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray with cooking spray).
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Dump the mixture onto the prepared pan and spread in a very thin, even layer. The layer should be no more than 1/3 inch thick. Do not allow any bare spots. HINT: if you wet your hands to spread the meat mixture the meat doesn't stick and will spread easily.
- Bake the meat for 15-20 minutes, or until dry and lightly browned. The meat will shrink away from the edges of the pan a small amount,.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the meat is baking, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well. Use as much milk as needed to make a spreadable saucem but not too thin.
- Spread the sauce over the still hot meat layer.
- Top with desired toppings such as shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach leaves, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, mushrooms, slices of chicken breast, onions, etc. to approximate a creamy chicken pizza.
- This crust is also great as a veggie pizza with pesto sauce. Blend pesto with as much olive oil as desired to make a spreadable sauce, then top with whatever cheese and veggies you choose. I like feta, olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes.
- Return the meatza to the oven for a few minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese and heat the toppings through.
- Play with different types of sauces and toppings to suit your tastes.