Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "cooking on a shoestring" chef gale grand created this. She is from Tru in Chicago. YUMMY. Leave the brandy out for kids
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- candy cane
- Combine the chopped chocolate and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Combine the milk and cream and heat over medium heat until simmering. Immediately pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and whisk to melt.
- Add the brandy and pour into glass or ceramic mugs. Hang the candy cane over the edge of the mug and serve.
wow this is so yummy! Me too I'm in heaven. I used skim milk, and for the cream I used 15% fat cream. And I added the optional brandy :P I didn't have candy cane to decorate but I used a cute mug for Christmas. Thanks Marra. Made for Zaar Star Game
Wow! This is sooo good. It's almost like the hot chocolate I made as a child made with milk that came straight from the cow. The peppermint candy cane adds a lovely minty flavour to the drink. Made for November Holiday Tag.
I'm in heaven! This is a wonderfully creamy drink! I used Bailey's Irish cream in lieu of the brandy and heavy cream, and didn't have any candy canes, but I drank both servings. YUM!!!!