Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderfully sweet holiday punch with just a hint of almond. I adopted this recipe and I'm glad that I did :)
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add evaporated milk and almond extract and let cool.
- Chill until serving time.
- Combine milk mixture and lemon-lime drink in punch bowl just before serving.
- Add and stir ice cream, to break ice cream up into small pieces.
My sister in law introducted me to this recipie and I have been making it ever since. We LOVE the punch. You can also add some Malibu rum or Captain Morgan's and it is quite tasty!!! Crushed pineapple is delish in it also!!!
I'm not going to give this a rating, because others have had this turn out so well. Just wanted to comment and give warning that this can turn out a DISASTER. I tried this punch for a xmas party with my family (glad it was them and not other company). When I poured in the soda, it didn't mix with the milk part and so I put in a wooden spoon and barely stirred it to get them to mix together and ending up creating a punch volcano. Then the milk part curdled. It all tasted fine. It was just a huge mess to clean up and did NOT look like the appetizing photo posted here. I'm not brave enough to risk a second try, but I did like the taste. Maybe next year we'll just have the soda with vanilla ice cream.
DELICIOUS!! I needed a white punch to serve in a pail to look like milk at my son's farm themed 3rd birthday party. Everyone loved this! Very rich and creamy punch.