Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
a different salad
- 500 g firm white fish fillets, cutlets
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to season
- 2 oranges
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup marinated black olives
- Remove the skin and bones from the cutlets. You will need about 250g fish flesh, cut into large chunks (about 5cm).
- To make the vinegar dressing, mix together the vinegar, orange juice and olive oil, and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a pan, bring some lightly salted water to a simmer and gently place the fish into the water. Cook for 5 minutes, or until just cooked. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the fish from the water and, while still warm, cut into fine pieces. Add the fish pieces to the vinegar dressing and allow to cool.
- Remove the skin and bitter white pith from the oranges. Using a small sharp knife, cut between the membranes to remove the orange segments.
- In a bowl, toss together the slices of fennel, olives and orange segments, then spoon the fish mixture over the top of the salad. Season to taste with salt and cracked pepper. Serve at room temperature.