This recipe was taught to me by a friend. A very simplistic recipe which gives you many options on what to serve it with. I've had this with ziti, and prefer it with the smooth kind rather than the ridged kind. But any Macaroni product will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over low heat in wide sauce pan, or deep skillet.
- 2Stir in flour and mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- 3Slowly add milk to pan, careful not to burn it.
- 4When milk is fully intergrated into rue, increase heat and reduce for 10 minutes, stir often to prevent burn.
- 5If sauce too thick, add more milk.
- 6If too thin, add more flour.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pour over warmed buttered pasta, and cover with cheese.
- 9Serve immediatlly.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Cream Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g