Recipe by LordNeuf
This recipe was taught to me by a friend. A very simplistic recipe which gives you many options on what to serve it with. I've had this with ziti, and prefer it with the smooth kind rather than the ridged kind. But any Macaroni product will do.
Top Review by AQueen
Nice base for adding favors. I used half and half as I was out of milk. I added mushrooms, garlic, spinach, basil and cherry tomatoes. I served this over penne with sliced grilled chickens and a shrimp kabob per person. Everybody liked it and it was done in no time.
- 2 lbs cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat in wide sauce pan, or deep skillet.
- Stir in flour and mix with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Slowly add milk to pan, careful not to burn it.
- When milk is fully intergrated into rue, increase heat and reduce for 10 minutes, stir often to prevent burn.
- If sauce too thick, add more milk.
- If too thin, add more flour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over warmed buttered pasta, and cover with cheese.
- Serve immediatlly.