Recipe by loppydoppy3
These are utterly delicious and bursting with creamy and buttery flavours.If you like,you can make them in advance for a special afternoon tea as they can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.I got this recipe from a book called The Ultimate cookie book.
- 200 g white chocolate
- 25 g butter, diced
- 90 g desiccated dry unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 90 g sponge cakes
- icing sugar, for dusting (confectioner's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the chocolate into pieces into a heatproof bowl with the butter.Rest bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir frequently until melted.Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile put 50g/2oz of the coconut and set aside.Crumble the cake and add to the melted chocolate with the remaining coconut.Mix well to form a chunky paste.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls about 2.5 cm in diameter, and immediately roll them into the reserved coconut.Put the balls onto waxed paper and leave to set.
- To serve, dust with plenty of sugar icing.