Recipe by sofie-a-toast
This is a devilish dessert risotto. It is very similar to rice pudding, only made on the stove top. Adapted from Michael Chiarello at Food Network. If wanted, you can substitute other types of chocolate, or even layer different flavors, but I've found I like white chocolate best. This is delicious both warm and cold.
- 946.36 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml butter, divided
- 236.59 ml arborio rice
- 54.43 g white chocolate, chopped
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the milk, sugar and vanilla to a simmer over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoos of the butter in a separate, large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is hot, about 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the hot milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often and adding more milk when the previous addition has been absorbed. Adjust heat to maintain a nice simmer. It will take about 30 minutes for the rice to become creamy and al dente. It is possible you may not need all of the milk.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining butter, salt to taste and chopped chocolate. Top with shaved chocolate, fruit, whipped cream or nuts.