Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These can only be described as delicious and decadent and well worth making. This was in a Robin Hood recipe book and I just knew that it would be worth trying. The triangles give it a very special look but you can cut these into squares or bars.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 ounces bakers white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup smuckers raspberry jam
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 sliced almonds
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped white chocolate and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and lemon coloured about 5 minutes.
- Stir butter and white chocolate mixture until smooth and then add to the egg mixture, along with flour, salt and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Spread half the batter in a 9" greased square cake pan.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and spread jam evenly over base.
- Stir white chocolate chips into remaining batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls evenly over jam and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool completely before cutting.