1/3 Photos of White Chocolate Pecan Scones
This is a recipe that I played with for awhile. I lowered the salt for myself so you might want a bit more. The pecans are nicer if you toast them in the heated oven for a few mins before useing them but it's not required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Cut butter into flour mix with a pastry blender or food processor, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- 4Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and knead until combined. Knead in the white chocolate and pecans.
- 5With lightly floured hands, pat the dough out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 5/8 inch.
- 6Cut into wedges, squares or whatever you like
- 7Bake scones on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer scones to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. Makes 8.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Pecan Scones
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 264.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g