This is a recipe that I played with for awhile. I lowered the salt for myself so you might want a bit more. The pecans are nicer if you toast them in the heated oven for a few mins before useing them but it's not required.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mix with a pastry blender or food processor, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and knead until combined. Knead in the white chocolate and pecans.
- With lightly floured hands, pat the dough out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 5/8 inch.
- Cut into wedges, squares or whatever you like
- Bake scones on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer scones to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. Makes 8.