Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I played with for awhile. I lowered the salt for myself so you might want a bit more. The pecans are nicer if you toast them in the heated oven for a few mins before useing them but it's not required.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces white chocolate (good quality, such as Lindt, cut into chunks)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (leave large chunks)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mix with a pastry blender or food processor, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and knead until combined. Knead in the white chocolate and pecans.
- With lightly floured hands, pat the dough out on a floured work surface to a thickness of 5/8 inch.
- Cut into wedges, squares or whatever you like
- Bake scones on ungreased baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer scones to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container. Makes 8.
These are really good! They are soft on the inside with a lovely crunch to the crust and the taste is mmmm moreish! :)
The nutty pecan flavour goes great with the sweetness from the white chocolate. A very decadent scone, that is best for your tea or coffee break.
I made half the recipe and used 3/4 c spelt flour and 1/4 c whole spelt flour, which worked out nicely. Next time I might reduce the sugar to 1 tbs or so, cause I found the white chocolate added enough sweetness.
All in all another wonderful recipe by her majesty the Queen of Scones. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this with us, Annacia!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #25 August 2010.
These are delicious! Very light, a little bit sweet but not too much and full of flavor. I used Lindt white chocolate and pecans. They were very easy and I can't wait to have another one tomorrow morning with my coffee.
Excellent! Oh so sweet and light. I used white chocolate chips & walnuts because that is what I had on hand. The kids gobbled them up!