Recipe by ColCadsMom
This recipe came from the Betty Crocker Website. I haven't tried it yet. I've always heard that pudding would not set up correctly if you use soy milk, so I'm interested to see if this works. My sister loves soy milk, but doesn't like cool whip, so I don't know how to change it and keep it vegan friendly since the whipped topping is already non-dairy. Feel free to garnish with strawberries, raspberries, or anything you like. The site suggests using chocolate soy milk for a change of pace as well, and you could probably use different flavors of pudding. The recipe originally called for regular pudding mix, but since I will try it with sugar free, I am going to type it as the ingredient. Sugar free cool whip would also make this diabetic friendly.
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 ounce white chocolate baking bar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 (1 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart saucepan, place 1 tablespoon soymilk and 1 oz baking bar. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until baking bar is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat 3/4 cup soymilk and the pudding mix with wire whisk until mixture is blended and thickened. Stir in melted white baking bar mixture until well blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- To serve, spoon into individual dessert dishes; serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.