Recipe by Diana #2
These are one of the most decadent cookies I've ever made. But I must warn you--eat these when you are alone, you don't want anyone to know how many you have eaten. Cooking time is per sheet.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg in a large bowl till fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until light brown at 350°.
- Cool 1 - 2 minutes before removing from the sheet.