These are one of the most decadent cookies I've ever made. But I must warn you--eat these when you are alone, you don't want anyone to know how many you have eaten. Cooking time is per sheet.
- Beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg in a large bowl till fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until light brown at 350°.
- Cool 1 - 2 minutes before removing from the sheet.