Recipe by Mirj
This recipe is a mixed up concoction of several recipes that I've been making over the years. Sweet, gooey and yummy, rich and buttery, it's always a hit when I make them.
Crust and Topping
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped very finely (I practically grind mine to a powder in the food processor)
White Chocolate Fudge Filling
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the crust and topping by mixing the oats, flour, brown sugar and pecans together with the butter until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups for the topping and press the rest into a 13x9 inch baking pan. I line mine with parchment paper so nothing sticks and there's practically nothing to clean up afterwards. Trust me on this one, the bars bake into a gooey mess and you don't want to have to start scrubbing baked-on gooeyness.
- Melt the sweetened condensed milk with the white chocolate. You get to choose if you want to do it on the stove-top or in the microwave.
- Mix well and pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and browned.