Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking bar, chopped (1/4" pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Mix in flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the topping mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
I really loved this. It was different than most coffee cakes. I used brown sugar in the topping instead of regular. I also used a 12 oz. bag of white chocolate chunks instead of the bar. Thank you.
The taste and texture of this cake are wonderful but a lot of the chocolate sank to the bottom while in the oven. This is still a lovely recipe and I will keep playing with it- probably adding cinnamon next time. Thanks for sharing!