Recipe by Shuzbud
This is a yummy variation on the classic kids' treat. I like my rice krispie squares to be heavy on the mallow so if you prefer, feel free to add more rice krispies to the mix! I don't have easy access to good maple syrup this side of the pond so please feel free to adjust that amount too- 2 tablespoons of the fake stuff I get here is about right but you may need less of the real thing! If you want to make less, half of this recipe fits in a loaf tin beautifully.
Top Review by Geniale Genie
Yummy! I did change the the marshmallow (4 cups):cereal (5 1/2 cups) ratio. I also omitted the white chocolate chips and added a handful raw cocoa nibs along with 4 Tbs of REAL maple syrup. I would like an even stronger maple flavour - so I may add some maple extract or sprinkle some maple sugar over top next time. I think adding more syrup might make them too sweet to my liking.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1182.95 ml mini marshmallows
- 828.06 ml Rice Krispies
- 354.88 ml white chocolate (6oz)
- 59.16 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8x8inch pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Break up the white chocolate, add it and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the maple syrup.
- Add the rice krispies and mix them in.
- Press into the prepared pan using a greased spatula to achieve a smooth top.
- Put in the fridge to chill and set, around 10 minutes.