Recipe by zzzdreamerzzz
I bought a stand mixer and didn't like the recipes that came with it and couldn't find one on here so I created this one after some experimenting. This recipe makes 3 nice airy loaves. You can also use it as a sweet bread by increasing the sugar to 1/3 or even 1/2 cup to your taste. I use 1/3 cup sugar to make cinnamon buns. Preparation time includes rising the dough.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 3⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put warm water in your warmed mixer bowl. Add about 1 teaspoon of sugar and your yeast and stir to disolve. Let this sit in a warm spot to proof. I put it in the oven on lowest setting which is about 100F on my oven. After about 10 minutes you should see that it is starting to grow and you will see some bubbles starting to form. You will definitely smell the yeast.
- While you are proofing the yeast melt your butter.
- Add melted butter to your yeast and wisk in your egg, remaing sugar and salt.
- Add 5 cups of flour and start your mixer on 1 for about 30 seconds then speed it up to 2.
- If needed add more flour a little at a time until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl. You then have the right amount of flour. Continue mixing on setting 2 for about 5 minutes.
- Grease a metal or glass bowl and put your dough in it turning it to coat on all sides. Cover this with a clean light cloth and put in warm oven to rise for approximately 45 minute.
- Grease 3 bread pans.
- After it has about doubled in size divide into 3 equal parts and form into loaves that will fit your bread pans.
- Cover with your cloth and let rise again until the loaves reach the desired size.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook your bread for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and bread pans and let cool on wire racks covered with cloth until cooled.