Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.'s Note:
These recipes were in my local paper a few weeks ago and looked to be really good. I'm afraid that I did not keep the name of the person sending this in to the paper. White Bread Baked in a Coffee Can You will need 1 pound coffee cans these breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour onto piece of waxed paper. Measure 1-1/2 cups of this flour into a large bowl; stir in yeast.
- 2In saucepan, place milk, water, oil, sugar and salt. Set over low heat and heat only until warm, stirring to blend.
- 3Add liquid ingredients to flour and yeast in bowl and beat until smooth.
- 4Blend in eggs.
- 5Add enough additional flour to make a stiff batter, beating until smooth and elastic. Spoon batter into 2 well-greased 1-pound coffee cans.
- 6Cover with plastic snap-on lids and place in a warm spot for dough to rise.
- 7When dough has almost reached top of cans, about 1 hour, remove lids and bake at 375 F. for 35 minutes or until bread is high and well-browned.
- 8Let cool in cans for 10 minutes before turning out on rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bread Baked in a Coffee Can
Serving Size: 1 (1012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3221.5
- Calories from Fat 1155
- Total Fat 128.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 389.0 mg
- Sodium 2544.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 440.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 71.1 g