Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This makes a light salad that goes together quickly and is nice during the summer.Serve it on lettuce with some crusty rolls on the side and a good glass of white wine. Don't bother to peel the potatoes. Top the beans, but don't tail them.Originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.
- 5 -6 medium boiling potatoes, such as Yukon gold or 5 -6 medium Red Bliss potatoes
- 2 cups green beans, topped and cut in half
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions, chopped (including the green parts)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped or 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring to a boil in a medium pot filled with salted water.
- Cook at a boil for about 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nearly tender, add the green beans and continue to boil until the potatoes are fork-tender and the beans are bright green.
- Drain in the sink in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently stir together the cannelini beans, scallions, tuna, capers, and oregano.
- Add the potatoes and green beans- they don't need to cool- and the tomatoes.
- Add the oil and toss gently until the ingredients are slick.
- Squeeze the lemon half over all and season to taste with salt and pepper.