1/2 Photos of White Bean and Roasted Eggplant Hummus (Baba Ghanoush)
Galley Wench's Note:
Great as an appetizer served with pita chips or fresh sliced cucumber. Also a wonderful addition to a pita sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoining
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground plus more for seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large lemon, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste (adjust to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place an oven rack in the middle.
- 2Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In food processor, combine the cooled eggplant, beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 6Pulse until the mixture until coarsely chopped.
- 7With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of olive oil until the mixture is creamy.
- 8Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 9Place the hummus in a dipping bowl and serve with pita chips or cucumber slices.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Roasted Eggplant Hummus (Baba Ghanoush)
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 808.5
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g