A warm, tasty Fall/Winter soup that goes well with hot fresh bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes (diced with juice)
- 2 cups dried great northern beans, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- pecorino romano cheese (grated, as garnish)
- 1In a large pot sauté garlic in oil until brown.
- 2Add broth, beans, Italian seasoning, bay leaf to pot.
- 3Bring to boil.
- 4Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 5Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- 6Remove bay leaf.
- 7Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and red wine.
- 8Bring back to boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 9Cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- 10Add kale and simmer until wilted.
- 11Ladle into bowls and garnish with grated Pecorino-Romano cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: