Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A warm, tasty Fall/Winter soup that goes well with hot fresh bread.
Make and share this White Bean and Kale Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes (diced with juice)
- 2 cups dried great northern beans, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- pecorino romano cheese (grated, as garnish)
- In a large pot sauté garlic in oil until brown.
- Add broth, beans, Italian seasoning, bay leaf to pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and red wine.
- Bring back to boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer until wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with grated Pecorino-Romano cheese.