Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 5 mins
When the occasion calls for an extra-special dessert, serve a creamy, rich, chocolaty filling in an easy unroll-and-fill pie crust. Note: Cooking time includes refrigeration times noted in recipe.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (6 ounce) package white chocolate, baking bars chopped
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry, if desired (optional)
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 10-inch springform pan, and pressing 1 inch up side of pan.
- Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Place orange juice in 2-quart saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin on juice; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the whipping cream; heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl; refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cool but not set.
- In blender or food processor, place thawed raspberries and any juice.
- Cover; blend until pureed.
- Set strainer over 2-cup measuring cup.
- Press puree with back of spoon through strainer to remove seeds.
- If necessary, add water to raspberry puree to measure 1/2 cup.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar.
- Gradually add raspberry puree.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Fold in fresh raspberries; spread over crust.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in chilled large bowl, beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture.
- Spoon and spread over raspberry layer.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until filling is set.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently; carefully pour and spread over white chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes to soften chocolate layers.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart.
- Garnish each slice with fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls.