Top Review by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
I did two steaks. One following the directions with no changes or additions, and one adding cajun seasoning befor grilling. In both steaks I used a multi-bladed tendorizer tool to poke holes in the meat so the marinade would get way down into the meat. The first steak was good. I liked the flavors of the citrus and the whiskey, but I felt it still needed a little something. The second was much better. Piercing the meat and adding some spicy seasoning or a rub just prior to grilling will make this a top-notch recipe.
- 3 lbs round bone sirloin, 1 piece
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 1 small onion, Thinly Sliced
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, Thinly Sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- When getting the steak look for a good piece that is about 2-inches thick.
- Place steak in shallow baking dish.
- In small saucepan combine remaining ingredients except orange.
- Over low heat, simmer 5 minutes; pour over meat.
- Top with orange slices; cover.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade; grill or broil as desired.
- Heat remaining marinade and serve with steak.