Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy but good cookies. These were one of my Mother's favorites. We had them every Christmas.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- chocolate decorating candy sprinkles (chocolate shot)
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixing thoroughly.
- Blend in rolled oats.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Shape into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll in chocolate shot.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick (a cheese slicer works well).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
this is the exact recipe one of my residents gave me my last Christmas 2004 at F.W.E. after she found out i was moving away to FL.she had no family, she was an Old Maid and was thrilled to be handing down one of her recipes.
we love these cookies and i always make them for the holiday season. thank you for posting this recipe