Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted in response to a request. Passive cooking time is a guess-timate.
Make and share this Whipped Jell-O Icing for Angel Food Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Boil pineapple, water and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add Jell-O, stirring well.
- Set aside; let cool until starting to gel.
- Beat 1 pint of whipping cream until stiff; stir in the Jell-O mixture.
- Ice your angel food cake.
This is a great recipe! I used orange jello and served it with orange segments with a little of the extra 'icing'. It is not too sweet and holds up--no weeping or watering down. The leftover cake kept very well-excellent to the last crumb. I will definitely use this one again and try a different jello/fruit combination next time. This is a winner!