Whipped fudge--no marshmallow mess! Easy to do using an electric hand mixer! It takes care of adding the "fluffy" part for you. Many combinations to try with this basic fudge recipe! It's awesome, creamy, smooth, decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks of butter)
- 1.5 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips, 12 oz bag (or flavor of your choice-white chocolate, butterscotch, mint chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon coconut extract, whatever your taste preference is
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (your choice-walnuts, pecans, pistachios etc.) (optional)
- 2Bring evaporated milk sugar and butter to a hard rolling boil on medium heat.
- 3I use a non-stick Dutch oven and a long handled wooden spoon. Boil for five minutes -stirring constantly so mixture does not BURN!
- 4Also, take a stick of butter around the rim of your Dutch oven before cooking your milk/sugar/butter -- Stops it from boiling over, plus it makes sure that all of the sugar gets incorporated -- No grainy bits left in your mix!
- 5Now for the fun part!
- 6Chips, nuts, flavoring in large PLASTIC bowl!
- 7Pour the hot mixture of milk/sugar/butter over the chips, nuts and flavoring.
- 8USE ELECTRIC HAND MIXER: Start with mixer on low to blend ingredients & then 5 minutes on high. You can also mix it to start off with your wooden spoon and then use hand mixer to finish. This will make the most incredibly light airy delicious decadent fudge you have ever had.
- 9NO MARSHMALLOW STICKY STUFF TO CLEAN UP!
- 10Whipping the fudge with the electric mixer eliminates the marshmallow-it is just more sugar and air! The mixer takes care of adding the air to your fudge. It's better for you as you are not adding more sugar.
- 11I also have added a large Hershey's candy bar-(broken into bits) with the chocolate chips for added richness. You can add any kind of bar you would like (white chocolate etc).
- 12Pour mixture into 9x13 greased pan -- Spray or buttered, or wax paper lined. Glass or metal. I have even used the bottom of my broiler pan.
- 13Let cool for at least 30 minutes. You can then cut it and turn it out if you want. I let this fudge cool for at least another 4 hours to set up thoroughly.
- 14Set it outside if it's really cold, but cover it with plastic or a kitchen towel somewhere safe!
- 15I have prepared this recipe using many different ingredients-it is fun to experiment and try new flavors together.
- 16Crushed candy canes, orange extract, almond extract and almonds, coconut, Maraschino cherries, cranberries, peanut butter and butterscotch, white chocolate chips, mint chips -- be brave -- explore your options!
- 17My husband loves the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips together for this fudge.
- 18Happy Holidays and Enjoy -- DIANA!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g