Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Being Greek born I have a flair for Mediterranean and especially Greek and Greek-style food. This is a staple in all of the Greek taverna and on a Greek meze table, it's wonderful served with pita chips and on a baguette. You can really add in just about anything you like to this for extra flavor. The original recipe does not have the roasted peppers, but I like to add them in for more flavor, you can omit the peppers though. If possible try to purchase a softer feta for this. Depending on your location, Greek style yogurt may be hard to find, if that is the case, just purchase full-fat plain yogurt and drain it through cheese cloth or a fine strainer overnight to drain the moisture. Plan ahead the whipped feta needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Make certain to add in the lemon juice just before serving. You can double the complete recipe.
Top Review by MARIA MAC *
AMAZING. Took this to a party this weekend and everyoned loved this! It had just the right balance of flavcors. I did add some chopped garlic, other than that made as directed. Another great one Kitten! Thank you
- 1 lb greek feta
- 1⁄2 cup thick plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or more to taste)
- black pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup purchased roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crumbled feta in a processor bowl and pulse together with the yogurt until smooth.
- Add in olive oil and black pepper (starting with 1/2 cup) and continue working the mixture until it becomes very soft and spreadable (adding more olive oil to taste if desired).
- Transfer to a bowl and add/mix in the chopped roasted red peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving add/mix in some fresh lemon juice to taste.