Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I made this cake recently, it is totally amazing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subs please!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup pureed banana
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more or less)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut (or to taste)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Set oven to 350°.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Spray a 10-inch angel food cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl stir the whipping cream with lemon juice, and let stand until cream curdles.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with sugar for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla, rum and banana puree; mix until well combined.
- Mix in the cream and the dry ingredients gently using a wooden spoon (do not beat with electric mixer).
- Mix in chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle top with coconut (do not mix in).
- Bake for about 70-80 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.