Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious cake mix cookie with coconut and pecans and an added container of coconut pecan frosting. Yum. From another recipe site, thank you Sara. I used 1 1/4 cup sour cream because I was out of yogurt, but I'll post it the way I found it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla yogurt or 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16 ounce) container coconut pecan frosting
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease it lightly.
- Empty the cake mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the yogurt, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir mixture into cake mix until well blended.
- Mix in the coconut pecan frosting, pecans and coconut.
- Drop by rounded spoonsfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.