German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 35mins
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups English toffee bits or 1 1/2 cups almond brickle chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Join The Conversation