Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy to make recipe that uses the bread machine to mix and knead. You do the shaping by hand. Second rising is part of preparation time.
- 3⁄4 cup water, 80 degrees f
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Set your machine for the dough program.
- When the dough is ready, place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into pieces and shape.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
I love this recipe! Low in calories, and easy to make. What's not to love? I make them twice a week to have with dinners. Thanks!!
Good basic wheat roll recipe. I doubled and used white wheat flour for a lighter taste. Thanks for posting.