William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a soup recipe that I made up in a hurry. I would like to dedicate this recipe to a fine lady, (Lois Stark), who had some difficulty in making a soup out of items she had available. This soup turned our real good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (48 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, include liquid
- 3/4 cup barley (pearl barley if available)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups left over chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (if available, but not necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a large cooking pot or large saucepan, add beef broth, water and quartered potatoes and bring to boil.
- 2Crush and add tomatoes including liquid.
- 3Add barley and bring soup to boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer soup for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Remove potatoes into a mixing bowl and mash.
- 6Add butter or margarine and mix well; set aside.
- 7Add cubed potatoes and elbow macaroni to cooking pot and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 8Add mixed veggies, chicken pieces, soy sauce (optional), salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes longer.
- 9Remove about 4 cups of soup and process through a food processor or blender and return to soup pot.
- 10Now add reserved mashed potatoes, mix well and bring just to boil.
- 11Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 12Remove from heat and let soup sit for a least 10 minutes before serving.
- 13Refrigerate any unused portion of soup.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whatever is Available Soup
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 1830.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: