Recipe by Audrey M
This a quick beef casserole that doesn't take time or thought.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
A good family, comfort food recipe. For the "10 premade biscuits" I assumed it meant to use one of the tubes of flaky biscuits that you get in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. I put them on the casserole, uncooked, and then baked the casserole until the biscuits were golden brown.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 10 biscuits, premade
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef.
- Once brown, stir in chopped onions and cook until they turn clear.
- Drain fat off ground beef and place in a casserole dish.
- Layer on top beans, barbecue sauce, and top with cheese.
- Cut biscuits in half and place along side of casserole.
- Place French-fried onions in center of dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cheese is melted.