Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
found this recipe somewhere a long time ago..have not made them yet..sounds good to me though
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups crushed potato chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- blend crisco, one cup sugar , brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together.add flour, baking soda, baking powder, combine well.stir in crushed potatoe chips -- mix well.
- form into 1" balls -- roll in remaining sugar.
- arrange 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet --
- flatten slightly.with bottom of cup dipped in sugar.
- bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes.
- makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- combien 2 1/2 cupd powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup baking cocoa -- 3 tbls milk.1 1/2 tps vanilla extract -- place all these ingredients except vanilla.in a microwave safe dish -- heat for 2 minutes.and stir until smooth.add vanilla and blend well.
- glaze cooled cookies.