Recipe by FolkDiva
Another family favorite from my most treasured recipe book; Towns, Trails and Special Times. This cake is moist and fabulous.....and the easy 'one pan' technique makes it fun to prepare with a 'little chef'!
Top Review by mersaydees
This is a joy and a snap to make! Great flavors. At the time I made this, in step 1 I stirred together the first 5 ingredients, otherwise, wouldn't get the cocoa in there! Also, didn't have a 12x8-inch baking pan, so used an 11x9-inch. Thanks, FolkDiva! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cold
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients (flour, sugar, soda, salt) in an ungreased 12x8 inch baking dish or pan.
- Make three 'wells' in the mixture; pour oil in one, vinegar in one and vanilla in one.
- Pour in coffee and stir all with a fork until well mixed. Spread evenly in pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon ; sprinkle half over the batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over hot cake. Cool 15-20 minutes before cutting.