Recipe by Manda
This is a very inexpensive, easy, and well-rounded dish sure to feed the heartiest of appetites. VERY bachelor and college-student friendly!:) I used to absolutley LOVE this dish when I was younger (before I decided to forgo the red-meat thing), but my family still enjoys it often.(I'm thinking of trying it with chicken?!?!) Let me know how it turns out if you do!!
Top Review by evewitch
Easy to make and everyone seems to like it. There was no real simmering going on, so I just heated until it was uniformly hot. Maybe I was not supposed to drain the corn? Didn't matter, though.
- 1 package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to pkg.
- Brown meat, green pepper, and onion.
- Cook until veggies are tender and meat is cooked through.
- Stir in corn, tomato paste, water, salt, and pepper.
- Add prepared macaroni and cheese dinner and mix well.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.