Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very inexpensive, easy, and well-rounded dish sure to feed the heartiest of appetites. VERY bachelor and college-student friendly!:) I used to absolutley LOVE this dish when I was younger (before I decided to forgo the red-meat thing), but my family still enjoys it often.(I'm thinking of trying it with chicken?!?!) Let me know how it turns out if you do!!
- 1 package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to pkg.
- Brown meat, green pepper, and onion.
- Cook until veggies are tender and meat is cooked through.
- Stir in corn, tomato paste, water, salt, and pepper.
- Add prepared macaroni and cheese dinner and mix well.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
Easy to make and everyone seems to like it. There was no real simmering going on, so I just heated until it was uniformly hot. Maybe I was not supposed to drain the corn? Didn't matter, though.
I made this for my son's coyboy theme birthday party. The kids loved it! Even my husband loved it and he doesn't like macaroni and cheese.
This was a quick, easy lunch. I used enchilada sauce instead of tomato paste. It was in the freezer and I wanted to use it up. It gave it a kick but the flavors worked very well together. We put dollops of sour cream and shredded cheese on top as condiments and everyone snarfed it up! Thanks so much!