Yummy! Use whatever meat you have on hand, (African favorites are dried fish or pig's foot, but chicken or beef are easier to come by stateside,) and serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen collard greens
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 -5 Maggi vegetable cubes (The vegetable flavor is best(it can be found in Asian food stores.)
- 1Fry onions and meat until tender.
- 2Add collards and more oil, fry until heated.
- 3Crumble Maggi cubes in and mix.
- 4Serve over rice, with a side of fried plantain. Yum!
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for West African Collard Greens
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Maggi vegetable cubes