Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good and easy, especially if you make the bread rounds up to a week before they are needed.
- 12 slices white bread
- 30 g butter, melted
- 125 g butter, extra
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 125 g smoked salmon
- 2 (125 g) packets camembert cheese
- red caviar (or black)
- Cut two 5cm (2") circles from each slice of bread; brush both sides of circles lightly with melted butter and place on oven tray.
- Bake in moderate oven 200degC (400degF) 10 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Beat extra butter until creamy, beat in lemon juice and dill, spread on bread round, top with small piece of smoked salmon then a wedge of camembert cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven 200degC (400degF) 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is just beginning to melt; garnish with dill or caviar.
- These can be made up several hours before they are needed, just refrigerate, then bake just before serving.