Wonderful sweet crunchy peanuts. My sister used to make these for us for Christmas gifts. Yummy and very addictive!!! Great to mail as gifts.
- Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees.
- In a large black (iron) skillet, over medium heat, pour in water and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour in peanuts and mix together in the sugar water mixture.
- Make sure all the peanuts are wet and coated in the mixture.
- Bring water mixture to a boil stirring occasionally.
- As water begins to evaporate watch the nuts carefully.
- CRITICAL: As water is evaporating stir nuts and once there is no more water left and the nuts are dry pour onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt over the top and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts then bake 10 more minutes.
- Pour onto cool tray and let the nuts cool down.
- These store really well in ziploc bags and are good to ship as gifts.
My whole family loves these peanuts!! We made them exactly like the recipe says. They remind me of the peanuts we get at the fairs. Now we can have them anytime!!
WOW these are awesome! Thanks for the great recipe!
These are just great! I'll be making these again and again!