Recipe by RNurse Mom
I can not even begin to tell you how many times I have made this salad. I always have requests for this recipe. This is great for showers and weddings. The toasted Almonds add a unique flavor and the Whipping Cream adds a delicate quality. During the holidays, you can substitute chicken for turkey and the Grapes for dried Cranberries. I have even added chopped Pineapple chunks in the past. I usually double this recipe so I can have several lunches during the week. I hope you have as much success with this recipe as I have also had.
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Chicken until fully cooked (I like to use cut up pieces of chicken on the bone. It makes the moistest chicken salad.).
- While Chicken is cooking prepare/chop Celery, Grapes (I find red seedless grapes sweeter), and Parsley.
- De-bone Chicken and remove skin and cartilage.
- Place shredded/diced chicken meat in bowl.
- In a preheated 350 oven, place Almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Toast Almonds for approximately 10 minutes (or until slightly golden.) turning Almonds at least once in between. **Keep a close eye on these while cooking, they can over cook very rapidly!
- In a separate bowl, prepare and whip Heavy Whipping Cream until you achieve soft peaks (or according to package directions.).
- Combine Chicken, Celery, Grapes, Parsley, Salt and Mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in toasted Almonds and whipped/prepared Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on large bakery sized Cresent Rolls or on a bed of lettuce or Pita Bread.