My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, Unbleached, Unsifted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2Sift flour and sugar into a medium-size bowl.
- 3Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Add egg, egg yolk, lemon rind, and salt; mix with a fork to form dough.
- 5Cover dough and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 6Roll out dough into a circle; place in an ungreased springform pan.
- 7Form a 1-inch high rim.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 10 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, clean and halve grapes, and remove seeds if necessary.
- 11Beat egg whites until stiff; blend in sugar, lemon juice, and ground almonds.
- 12Carefully fold in the grapes.
- 13Remove cake from the oven.
- 14Fill baked cake shell with grape mixture, return to the oven, and bake for another 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 15Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weintraubentorte (Grape Torte)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 170.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of