Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups flour, Unbleached, Unsifted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb grapes
- 3 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, Juice Of
- 4 ounces almonds, Ground
- Sift flour and sugar into a medium-size bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, egg yolk, lemon rind, and salt; mix with a fork to form dough.
- Cover dough and let rest in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a circle; place in an ungreased springform pan.
- Form a 1-inch high rim.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean and halve grapes, and remove seeds if necessary.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; blend in sugar, lemon juice, and ground almonds.
- Carefully fold in the grapes.
- Remove cake from the oven.
- Fill baked cake shell with grape mixture, return to the oven, and bake for another 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack.
My family really liked this and it was easy to make. I followed the recipe, no substitutions, and I did not encounter any problems with the filling running or anything.
My friends and I really liked this one! It was easy to make (for a torte)! :-) The filling starts to run when your refrigerate it, however.