Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is worth 7 weight watcher's points.. it is satisfiing enough for the whole family.
Make and share this Weight Watcher's Spaghetti Amatriciana recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 slices uncooked turkey bacon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook spaghetti in salted water until al dente; reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water and then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon, flipping once, until crisp; remove from pan and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high and add onion; cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Crumble bacon into pan and add tomatoes and red pepper flakes; toss to mix and coat.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta cooking water to tomato sauce; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Wow! This was so good and easy to make. I cut up the turkey bacon before cooking and just cooked it with the onions. I used two cans of diced tomatoes, drained and didn't need to add any extra liquid. Also didn't add the red or black pepper because my bacon was already peppered. My whole family loved this so I know I will make again. Thanks for posting!