Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for Summer. 4 points
Make and share this Weight Watchers Layered Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and rind, brown sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Layer the fruit in a glass serving bowl.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the sauce; pour the sauce over the fruit.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
This was fantastic! It was prepared for a salad bar at work and our meals to go program with just a few fruit substitutions. I am making it for Easter dinner and serving it with cinnamon fresh whipped cream!