Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received a Weight Watchers email this morning with this recipe featured. "Richly-flavored sesame oil and piquant cilantro add a distinctly Asian flavor to America's favorite side dish — lightened up." Was 8 points; now it's 1 point. We Renovated Coleslaw by: Using fat-free mayonnaise instead of regular. Adding a touch of sesame oil and cilantro to boost flavor for virtually no POINTS.
- 3⁄4 lb packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until thoroughly combined. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
This is very good. I used about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle seasoning. Very good!!