Recipe by Stacie Lora
6 points. Makes 10 servings.*NOTE: Substitute low-fat cheddar cheese for cheddar cheese and cut to 5 POINTS.}
Top Review by Fellfrosch
this is actually a really good recipe despite being a diet food. I prefure red bell peppers for it as they are sweeter, and i also put some lemon pepper in the middle of the stuffing as well as on top cause it adds a little more flavor to each bite. Wife LOVES this recipe! And not that it matters, but the picture is actually one my wife took and someone stole it off facebook and added it here...
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 304.75 g condensed cream of mushroom soup (reduced. fat, reduced sodium )
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml instant onion soup mix (about 1 envelope)
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- 5 large green sweet peppers, 8 ounces each
- 4.92 ml lemon-pepper seasoning
- 295.73 ml shredded cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- MELT margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery and cook about 5 minutes or till tender.
- STIR in condensed mushroom soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix. Heat till bubbly.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Stir in rice; remove from heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE, halve peppers length-wise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves.
- Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- TO SERVE, bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350º oven about 55 minutes or till heated through.
- Top with cheese and pimiento.
- Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese is just melted.
- *NOTE: Substitute low-fat cheddar cheese for cheddar cheese and cut to 5 POINTS.}.