Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Weight Watchers Magazine
Make and share this Weight Watchers Cheesy Broccoli-Pasta Bake (6 Points) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat penne or 3⁄4 lb whole wheat ziti
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain; return the broccoli and pasta to the pot.
- While the pasta and broccoli are cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and mustard; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk and salt. Increase the heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce boils and thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and broccoli. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake until bubbling,about 25 minutes.