Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so simple, tasty, cheap AND low in fat that I'm really surprised that it isnt already on here! Instead of sultanas, You can add anything you want, mixed fruit, choc chips.. anything that takes your fancy!! The sultana version tastes like fruit loaf... yum!
- 2 crushed Weetabix
- 1 cup sultana
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar (I use sweetener instead)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Add the first four 'dry' ingredients together and then add the milk and mixed spice.
- Stir again and pour the mix into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 325°F for about 45 minutes.
This was great! It was fantastic spread with a bit of butter and a cup of tea. It keeps very well too.
lovely cake, so easy to make lets see more like this! ; )